Frequently Asked Questions: Stipendiary Program
1. What is the maximum stipend one can request?
The stipend amount is based on a careful review of the person’s budget. There is no predetermined limit.
2. What is the minimum age for an applicant for the Stipendiary Program?
The minimum age is 65 years.
3. Would the Tuttle Fund help pay for debt reduction, such as rent or utilities arrears?
In rare circumstances, after other resources have been explored exhaustively.
4. Does the Tuttle Fund locate emergency housing for the elderly?
No. Referrals would be made to the appropriate agency.
5. Does the Tuttle Fund pay rent if there are boarders or other family members living with the applicant?
Income from all household members is considered in evaluating applicants’ need for assistance.