The proposal packet should include the following materials.
- A brief cover letter from the Executive Director of the applicant
organization to the Executive Director of the Isaac H. Tuttle Fund,
indicating the nature of the request (type of support, title of project,
if applicable, brief description of project, and amount requested).
- A narrative, not to exceed five pages, which should include:
1. A brief statement of the organization’s mission, history, and current programs
2. Reason for request: identified service need and proposed response
3. Target population and geographic area to be served, including how many people would be served, and anticipated outcomes
4. Client vignettes, as relevant, to demonstrate program impact
5. Description of community partnerships and collaborations
6. List of other sources of funds: amount committed or requested to support the proposed program
a) Organizational budget, listing expenses and sources of income.
b) Detailed project budget, if for a specific program. This should reflect projected expenses and other anticipated sources of support.
c) Copy of IRS letter stating that the applicant organization is a 501(c)(3) exempt organization and type of exempt organization (for example, a §170 (b) (1) (A) (iv) – publicly supported organization)
d) Most recent audited financial statements
e) Most recent Form 990, where applicable
f) List of board members
g) Board giving policy and actual board giving in previous fiscal year
Both Organizational and Project Budgets should include three columns reflecting the following:
1. Previous approved budget
2. Previous budget – actual or projected actual
3. Budget for current or upcoming fiscal year – approved or pending approval
All applications and correspondence should be addressed to:
Stephanie Raneri, Executive Director
Isaac H. Tuttle Fund
1155 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10128-1209
Inquiries or requests for funding should not be directed to individual members of the Board of Trustees.